Saturday, August 8, 2009

Can somebody PLEASE motivate me!?

I joined weight watchers and I have been doing AWSOME but, I HATE working out. I have been following the diet...thats easy though but I cannot bring myself to work out. I haven't for about two weeks. Id much rather sit in front of the tv or computer! lol. MOTIVATE ME! say whatever you want...it wont hurt my feelings just do it! lol. Im not gaining, I am still losing but Im sure Its slowing down my weight loss. HELP
Answer:
cj,The HARDEST part of working out is getting started.You obviously have too many distractions at home. Join a gym or take a walk for 30 minutes in the evening.I workout 6 days a week. It took time for it to become a habit. I started off by saying "You ARE working out tomorrow. It's NOT an option." I took it one day at a time.Also, I do fun things. I run at the beach or with Nike Running. I belong to a gym with GORGEOUS men. I hike in very scenic areas of Los Angeles. That helps a lot also when you look forward to doing it.Also, post your progress online with like minded people. I have my workouts posted under Compuserve's Health Forum.
Why not get an exercise bike and put it infront of the tv? Then there are no excuses NOT to while you watch Greys Anatomy!Also see if there is anyone at your meetings that would like to exercise with you. The buddy system works great.
get you fat @ss up and work out!
It's difficult to answer not knowing your circumstances but what worked for me was getting a rescue dog! Even when I can't be bothered she wants to go out, she has LOTS of energy so we walk for approx. 1 hour in the morning then 1 or 2 short walks of 15 - 30 mins later in the day! Please do not get a dog if your circumstances don't allow you to dedicate a lot of time to them and remember they are a tie if you go away or stay out unexpectedly! Good luck and have fun!
No one can motivate you through words, start off small like when walking to the kitchen instead of just walking do lunges take big steps and drop you back knee slowly to the floor without letting it touch. Try butt clenches while you are watching tv, start off tensing at 25% for 15 secs then increase to 50% for 15secs then 75% for 15secs then 100% really tighten it as hard as you can for 30secs-45. Get some wrist and ankle weights so you regular activities become that little bit harder. I too have a really hard time with motivation I joined a martial arts schol and they have cardio classes where someone just shouts at you to work hard the whole time that's what it takes to really get me motivated! OR do you have a favourite song that is upbeat and really gets you excited try putting it on really loud and dancing really big movements just jump around like an idiot you will be suprised how it gets your heart pumping. failing that try walking more!Good luck
Motivation is a personal choice. I'm not talking about willpower, but I mean different things motivate different people. Maybe it is a workout partner, a new mp3 player with music with a killer beat to keep you moving, or like someone else said a dog to keep you going. One other item of note would be the type of work out. I HATE gyms, my personal choice is walking and swimming. For more helpful information check out http://www.healthfitnessarticle.com...
while watching tv i would exercise during commercials because nobody likes to watch commercials cuz they are long and that can give you a decent time limit to exercise between each commercial so u won't feel lazy.
Good luck u can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment