Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Can I have smoothie as a meal if it has the required nutrients?

i.e. can a smoothie replace my meals? Why and why not?
Answer:
As a matter of fact, and recommended by David Zinczencko of Men's Health that is the best. The Abs Diet which he wrote goes into details but here's what I can remember off the top of me head.Smoothies can be made with Fat Burners : oatmeal, berries; nutritional: milk, whey protein and nuts.Now I use a little Creatine in mine.
absolutely. but not all 3 meals. you need fiber and bulk and protein.
yes. especially if you're trying to lose weight.
that's the point of a meal... to provide you with the right nutrients!
It absolutely CAN. Make sure it is loaded with protein. I'd say 20-30 grams of whey protein would do just fine. Throw a banana in there...maybe a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter. You got yourself a nice...quick...easy meal. Just throw it all in the blender with some milk. Fat free milk if you have it.I am a body builder and I do this a lot.I still eat plenty of whole food meals though. But I do like to replace some meals with smoothies because its just a nice change.
Yes. Depending on what you put in it a smoothie can be very nutritious. Why? It's just food, the manner of preparation is the only difference. I have often had a smoothie for breakfast because it is quick, nutritious, and a delicious way to start the day.
Notice that everybody here is talking about healthy, lowfat, HOMEMADE smoothies. You can't just walk into some ice cream parlor and order a smoothie. Even if they throw in the whey powder and flaxseed oil and whatever, there's also a ton of sugar and fat in that drink.
yep most bodybuilders consider eating six times a day. two of those meals are mostly smoothies. so yes you should be able to
Most of them have corn syrup as a main sweetener and believe me, that stuff is to be avoided at all costs!

No comments:

Post a Comment