Saturday, August 8, 2009

Can I lose the the weight?

I currently weigh in at 220. I just started to walk outside more since it's nice (finally). I walk approximately 1.6 miles which takes me a little under 30 minutes. Is this going to help me lose weight? Or will this just keep me at the weight I'm currently at? HELP I need advice!
Answer:
I was in the same situation as you and let me tell you all you need is motivation.
I lost 15 pounds, and you can too by jogging for 40 min. 3 times a week.
doing aerobic activity, stretching(so you don't strain anything), and pushups/situps( a little muscle never hurts)
Also, if you do choose to watch the calories you consume(because you lose weight by burning more than you take in), it's useless if you just get empty calories --meaning you eating things that have no nutritious value and are just going to add some more oomph to your pounds. Build yourself a routine, and eat 3 meals at select times everyday (no snacks %26gt;=( )
The rule is 1 hour cardio per day.
If you really want to lose weight, do your cardio and stop eating breads, fats and sugars.Sugar from fruit = ok
Fat from esential fatty acids (ie. omega 3 %26 4) = okYou want high sources of protien and low carbsGOOD LUCK!
Seriously, any exercise that's more than before is gonna help (I don't mean over exerting yourself, lol). That's good, especially since it's so nice out now and more encouraging to go out. When you get used to walking you could jog or something, when your comfortable with it. Make sure your keeping how much you eat healthy, too. Just keep both even and you'll be fine!
find calorie/fitness calculator on the net, enter all your stats and it will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain, take off 300-400cal off that number and thats how much you need to lose.
eat 5-6 small meals a day (eat every 2-3 hours)
5-8 servings of fruit and veggies a day
8 glasses of water
have complex carbs for breakfast - they give you energy
have lean meat (protein) for dinner - repairs muscle
cardio exercise 4-6 times a week for 30-50min (body starts burning fat only after first 20-30min), light weight training
dont consume foods that are made of white flour (white bread, cakes, past etc.), sugar loaded foods (cookies, icecream, candy etc) and nothing fried - no junk food.
ofcourse you can spoil yourself with a little treat once in a while:)
check on ebay for some books by bob greene, he was oprahs coach and they are very interesting books. I started reading one and I read it straight through, it was that good of a diet book to teach you how to change your habits and alot of info on walking, running. If you are serious about loosing weight, I would suggest his books. good luck
i'm in your same situation, 250 pounds i am. recently i started walking for a hr a day, and i plan to join the gym tomorrow. i watch what i eat, but tend to eat more then before, still less cals then recomend for my weight. i have lost 2.5 pounds my first week.. so i think yes it will work, give it a try if your not seeing results workout more or change your diet.. good luck with your journy
ok. When doing cardio run for two minutes and walk for another two. Do that and you will sweat like crazy, continue doing that at least for 30 mins. When doing abs make sure to do ten by ten rest 10second between sessions. drink alot of water. Get in the sauna room after working out. Be very strict on you diet, only water, no bread, no mayo, ketchup, etc. I also recommend for you to work out firt thing in the morning, this way you will only burn the fat calories.
The first response from the personal trainer is right. I have been going to a weight loss doctor for 3 months to lose weight. My starting weight was 227. I have cut back on my portion sizes, and cut bread, sugar, fats, and ALL restaurant foods from my diet (well, mostly). I have also been working out 3 times a week, I do approx. 30-45 minutes of cardio each time (30 minutes on the treadmill at speeds varying from 3.5 miles per hour to 5 miles per hour, then 14 minutes on the cross trainer).Then I work on the machines for toning. I do give myself some sweets every now and then because I have the biggest sweet tooth and will fail miserably at this if I don't. I just remember that one is enough and don't go overboard on that! I drink lots of water to help keep me full and to get my daily intake of course. Anyway, in three months I have lost 18 lbs. and feel a lot better because of the exercise. I've noticed my pants are looser and I'm having to constantly pull them, plus I'm getting compliments from friends! You really have to watch what you eat in addition to the exercise, but the exercise is a must, it will help you keep the weight off once you get it off. And don't weigh yourself constantly! Once a week is enough, you will drive yourself crazy if you weight too often because your weight fluctuates so much during the day. And I know it's hard to cut back on foods that you love so much, but I've found that once you get over the hump you won't even want them anymore. I haven't had a fast food hamburger in months, and I used to have at least 2-3 per week! I went without for a month, then had one and felt so sick that I haven't wanted one since. Good luck!
Hi! My name is Melissa. I'm a personal wellness coach for Herbalife, the #1 weight management company in the world. If you're looking for answers to make a differnce in your life, contact me at melissadauphin1@yahoo.com I specialize in personalized weihgt management, inner nutrition and outer nutrition. I'll be glad to help you reach your goals!
you need a healthy diet and more exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment