Saturday, August 8, 2009

Can milk thistle help from side effects of tylenol use?

I have had med problems in the past 2 yrs for which one dr or another has prescribed or told me to take numerous products containing tylenol.I am worried that this may have hurt my liver I have slightly higher than normal enzyme levels.I have discontinued use of these med for other meds.Also cannot take nsaids for other med conditions that leaves me lil choice of what to take.Please help.
Answer:
Milk Thistle is an excellent liver cleanser especially when combined with Dandelion. Don't use unless you are not taking any prescription meds (and I mean none) as it can clean out the meds from your system and cause trouble.
Look for a combination formula for best results. I've used Sangster's LIVR formula with great results for bringing enzyme levels down - didn't work right away, but there was a noticeable difference after a month (about one bottle) and it was cheap. It's a Canadian company of health stores with their own brand - love their stuff, it works! they have a website, but I can't remember it. Just Google "Sangster's"
Tylenol is a nasty thing. If you have pain, you could try Celadrin or MSM - no known interactions there and they are actaully good for you.
I have seen many, many people suffer liver damage from milk weed thistle. This is NOT a good idea! If you really research the legitimate sources (webmd, cdc, department of health websites, etc.) you will find that there is NO evidence that this is a beneficial herbal medication.
I would recommend milk thistle

No comments:

Post a Comment