Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Can I loose 2 lbs each day? and is it true that coffee can help your motabilism work faster?

I'm 19 and i am aware that at my age i can loose weight much quicker then a 25 year old.
Answer:
Not healthy! 2 lbs a week maybe, but per day is not good on your body! It is true that you can lose wieght faster when your younger, but you need to learn healthy habits as well to keep the wieght off as you get older. That's why some 50 year olds look great. They learned habits early in life.
Coffee might increase your metabolism, I've never heard that one, but I don't think excessive amounts of coffee is good for you. Maybe a cup a day is okay, I dunno, I'm not a coffee drinker. The first answerer is correct. Tea does help your body, although I'm not sure about metabolism. I know it's good for cleansing out your body because it is natural. I use it, however, to calm my nerves and I've never noticed any wieght loss. I'm also a stress eater. Anyway, Hoped I was usefull I tend to go on...
The amount of weight you can lose each day depends on how much you weigh, how active you are, and how drastic a change you make. The safest speed to lose weight is between 2 and 4 pounds per week, faster than that and you could affect your periods or immune system. Coffee doesn't help your metabolism, but green tea does. (Not the pre-processed stuff in bottles, but brewed tea.) Sweeten it with honey rather than cane sugar.
Actually, it's not necessarily true that you can lose weight faster than a 25 year old. How fast is really subjective and individual.It's possible to lose 2 pounds a day, but it's going to be mostly water and muscle. When done correctly, bodyfat is catabolized at the most about .5 pounds per day, and that's when all factors are taken correctly into account.Coffee does raise the metabolism a bit due to caffeine. However, it's also a diuretic which means it's prone to dehydrate a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment