Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Can anyone recommend a work-out routine for me?

I'm 25, and want to lose about 15 lbs. I'm in a boot camp class right now that's Mon-Thurs mornings for 50 minutes. I'm also on Weight Watchers. I would also like to go to the gym on top of that. But I need guidance! I have no idea what I need to do, do I need mostly cardio? How long should I stay on the treadmill/elliptical? How long should I use the weight machines and for how long? (How many repetitions, which machine, etc.) I just can't seem to lose this weight! Perhaps I need to go on a stricter diet? Thanks in advance!
Answer:
WATER. LOTS of water. Water will get rid of toxin (fat) in your system, and you will be full most of the time which decreases apatite to want junk food. However, of course you would have to eat. I would eat 50/50 ratio Fruits and Veggies 4 to 5 meals per day. If you can, work out in empty stomach high intensity between 10 min to 20 min everyday will even help you increase loose weight. I am a walking proof. I got this information from a professional Dietitian and a well known athletic trainer. So, I am just sharing the same Info that worked for me. You can do too much work out, but it really its the intensity that makes the difference.
you are doing quite well at the moment. it sounds like you would really benefit from seeing a personal trainer. they will be there to design your exercise programme, update and refine it, track your progress and most importantly, motivate you to push through these barriers.
make sure you choose a trainer that you feel comfortable with.
stick with what you're doing, this should be a lifestyle change, not just a quick fix.
now go and have some fun

No comments:

Post a Comment