Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Can taking certain vitamins cause a person to bruise more easily than usual?

I'm taking a B-complex and echinacea (on my doctor's advice). Haven't been able to find any information... but I seem to be covered in bruises. I'm clumsy... but not *that* clumsy!
Answer:
It is not what you are taking, but rather what you are NOT taking that is the problem. I think if you add vitamin C you will find the bruising reduced significantly. Our bodies are designed to be self repairing, and are made up of building blocks which include vitamins, minerals, proteins and amino acids. If we got all of those components in our daily diet, then we wouldn't need to supplement. But most people don't Look at your diet, if you believe that you are laking other nutrients, then add them. Preferably to you diet, or with supplements. Our bodies will work fine if we give them the right fuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment