Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Can someone tell me what I should eat, and what workout I should do?

I want to get really pumped over the summer and I want to know what can give me the most results. Also for any exercises tell me the proper way to do them. I am 13, 135 lbs, and 5'2" with not a lot of muscle.
Answer:
There is a lot of missing info to completely answer your question, but here is an opinion. First it is really great that you want to start a fitness program. I think though, that you might want to consider that "getting pumped over a Summer" is not a good goal. I think you should set your goal to initiate and manage a longer term fitness program. At your age, you will definitely see progress and lots of that will appear early in your program. For example, if you stay with it for two weeks you might notice a boost in energy, better sleep ( which you need a lot of at this time in your life) and a boost in confidence. After three - four weeks, you will start really missing your program if something keeps you away. That's right -- the excercise becomes an important element in your life -- one that you will start to desire and need. Your question didn't mention whether you have equipment at home or whether you intend to use a fitness center. I recommend the latter if you can do it, but it isn't required to get a great program going and there are a lot of equipment free routines that you can do, and you can even make some equipment of your own.
I was badly overweight when I started a program (which started much later in life than you are considering). It was embarassing for me to go to the gym...at least I thought it would be. But when I overcame that hurdle, it was great to learn that many of the people I encountered were in a similar situation and were there to do something about it. At my age (60 when I started) I thought the fitness club would be a younger scene. It's true in some ways but I have met and enjoyed talking with people of all ages. There is an almost instant connection with the people there that really creates a friendly and helpful environment. Now get this, I even learned to enjoy hip hop and techno music (favorite background choices due to the energetic nature. It is really a great place to be and you will get a lot of great tips on excercise there,. especially if you can afford to have a trainer at the start of your program. I am too old to get buff, but you will make rapid progress if you learn and do a program well designed for you. For me, just feeling more energetic, and becoming a little more healthy, has been a big payback. if you wish, here is some great starter advice linked in the source caption below.
If you go it alone, you might also want to try some relaxation and meditation techniques. Just get a place away from any disturbances and let your mind wander a bit. Think about what you want in terms of a fitness goal. Imagine yourself all buffed up. After a bit start doing some stretches (which you must do before any energetic workout). Do them slowly with no sense of rush. You are preparing your mind to be determined and goal oriented before the work out. Be sure not to overdo it. The web is a great source for some advice in this regard.
Good Luck...I think you are going to have a great time with this.
if u wana loose weight and become slim try detox diets .detox diets is the natural way to loose weight and it really works.
www.detoxmedifastdiets.blogspo... is a great website that has many detox diets recipes and tips to loose weight.open this website and there u`ll see so many links for detox diets recipes and tips ..try them and loose weight fast at home without exercising

No comments:

Post a Comment